IF CONTENT APPEARS SCRAMBLED, USE THE CTRL AND MINUS KEYS (PC users) or COMMAND AND MINUS KEYS (Mac users) TO DOWNSIZE YOUR SCREEN UNTIL CONTENT APPEARS NORMAL.
Dayton Audubon Society Birdathon
Friendly Competition, Great Fun, Public Service
Form your own team:
- Any size, from a single person to a small group of friends to an entire family, club, or class of students
- Any level of expertise from beginner to expert birder
- Join an existing team - just send your request to DAS and we'll try to place you in a team from your area
- Register your team with the DAS Birdathon Coordinator by April 30, 2013.
Choose your date:
- Select any day between April 19 and May 19, 2013.
- Select the 24-hour period for your bird count - Start at any time of day you wish, and end your count exactly 24 hours later.
Choose your place:
- Bird anywhere in Ohio, from the shores of Lake Erie to the banks of the Ohio River.
- Travel time must be counted in the 24-hour period you compete (no stopping the clock when you stop birding to drive to the next birding site.)
- Ask friends to pledge a per species amount or a lump sum to support your efforts.
- All proceeds go to organizations that provide environmental education and scholarships to local youth.
- 50% goes to Beavercreek Wetlands, 25% goes to Aullwood Audubon Center, 25% goes to DAS Scholarship Fund.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- On your chosen date, go birding!
- Send your completed bird list and pledge sheets (1 per team member) to DAS Birdathon Coordinator within 3 days of completing your 24-hour Birdathon.
- Send your pledge money to DAS Birdathon Coordinator so that it is received by June 10, 2013.
Meet with fellow teams to compare results, share experiences, and enjoy a picnic
- Meet (location and time TBA) on the evening of Tuesday, June 11, to share your results with other Birdathon teams. Enjoy food and beverages with fellow birders as you share information about your birding experiences.